Welcome to my soapbox. Here you can typically expect to find my various and sundry diatribes, vituperations and general jawing on whatever it is that's on my mind at the time that I decide to post - you know, typical, self-indulgent blogging for the sake of externalizing what was previously a perfectly content internal monologue and putting it on the page for all the world to see. Again, welcome. Thanks, The Management

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Woe is me...

...the humanities-minded person trying to fend for himself in setting up a goddamn blog. If only I'd spent more time on learning HTML and less time on BS and T&A, I might have a much cooler looking blog right now. Alas, I shall make due with none of the bells and whistles, nifty pictures, collages, or esoteric technological rigmarole that might grace the site of a blogger with a name like LinuxDude or HackFu. But LD never would have come up with a word like "rigmarole. " And that's where I've got him.

My pen is my only weapon, not an href or the always sharp <> dealies. I have no ability to wield those in any meaningful way. I wage war with multisyllabic incantations and pedantic declarations that'll make you wonder at my sanity, or lack thereof.

As I sit here, creatively bankrupt and firing on three mental cylinders, I realize that today was probably not the best day to bring my blog into this world. And for that very reason, it is the perfect day! Not really, but I thought that might add some extra ambiguity-laced suspense. I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home